To help serve the financially underserved in Yakima County, we work with many like-minded partners in our community and nationally.
- Bank on Yakima County A partnership of banks, credit unions, and community organizations that can help open free or low-cost checking and savings accounts. Financial education providers will help teach about managing your money and saving for the future.
- Southeast Community Center Provides programs to the community including: Senior Foot Care, Emergency Food Pantry, 100 Jobs for 100 Kids, Mentoring, Tutoring, Senior Nutrition, Summer Youth Park, Recording Studio, Dance/Drama, Non Medical Emergency Transportation, Senior Fitness, Summer Youth GYM, Computer Lab, Science Adventures, After School, Triple Double Basketball
- National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions A dynamic, growth-oriented association of credit unions that provide safe and responsible financial services to underserved communities.
- Filene Research Institute Dedicated to scientific and thoughtful analysis about issues affecting the future of consumer finance and credit unions. They are a channel through which leading scholars and consultants analyze management, public policy, and consumer needs for the benefit of credit unions everywhere.
We partner with the following service providers for financial help resources and we provide friendly, affordable account solutions for clients.
- Love INC, Yakima
- Apprisen Credit Counseling
- Yakima County Veteran’s Program
- Catholic Charities Housing Services
- Junior Achievement of Washington
- Office of Rural & Farmworker Housing
- Rural Community Development Resources
- OIC of Washington
- La Casa Hogar
- 211 Information Network
Interested in our partnerships? Contact us today for more information.
Helping You Save:
- No minimum balance or service charges for a savings account (other than the $40 minimum deposit to start the account)
- Free Checking Account with Debit Card – no minimum balance and no monthly service fees
- Debit Card Round-Up – debit card purchases can be rounded up to the next dollar and the difference can be deposited in the member’s saving account (must have a CALCOE Checking Account)
- Christmas Club – pays a high dividend rate up to $1,200; must have an auto transfer from a CALCOE checking account
- Low minimum balance to open a Certificate Account and/or IRA – starting at $250
Helping You Borrow:
- Credit Builder Loans* – may lend to members who have had credit issues in the past or have no credit history
- Lower Interest Rate for Timeliness (LIFT)* – may lower a members interest rate on a vehicle loan if the member has paid on time for 18 months
- Mechanical Breakdown Protection, GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) with Auto Deductible Reimbursement coverage and Debt Protection – available at a reasonable cost to help protect your investment
* On approved credit, see CU for details.